Monday, November 24, 2008

Observation #4

Observation Date: 11/11/08

With this observation I noticed several new organisms. I figured this would be the case since it has been a longer time period since my last observation. The first new organism I noticed was the Copepod. I also observed Rotifers and a few Gastroticha in the aquarium. These three were identified with the aid of Guide to Microlife by Kenneth G. Rainis. I then found Aeolosoma and a Nematode at the bottom of my aquarium. These were identified through Pennak's Freshwater Invertebrates of the United States by Douglas Grant Smith. I also identified Diffulgia in my aquarium using the Illustrated Guide to Protozoa. A midge was very active in the bottom of my aquarium. It was constantly feeding and moving around. I recognized the midge on the Pond II poster located on the wall of the lab. My aquarium also contained an organism that I was unable to identify. A video was posted in my blog of this organism.

No comments: